A BOLD FRESH PIECE OF INANITY »

Monday, April 16, 2007

Why My Better Half Is Indeed Better

Parenting a toddler by one’s lonesome is no picnic or walk in the park, unless of course it’s one of those rare instances, as it was for me today, when it’s just you accompanying your child on a walk through the park to find the perfect spot for a picnic. With Beni still away on a well-deserved hiatus, Olivia and I spent the morning hiking, playing, and picnicking at a county park.

This daddy-daughter weekend confirmed what I’d only intuited hitherto: that parenting solo is an exhausting and challenging endeavor.

Beni, thank you for doing just that on a near daily basis. I’ve spent the last couple days collecting all the props I can find so that I give them to you when you return. You are the better and the best!

No comments: