A BOLD FRESH PIECE OF INANITY »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Ill-Adviser

I’ve been home sick for the past three days with the respiratory flu, an illness I wouldn’t wish on my archenemies. (Now I know why people swear by flu shots.) I’ve spent most of my time alternating between the bed and the sofa, trying my darnedest not to infect my family.

Fortunately for me, Olivia is oblivious to the concept of contagiousness: her company and theatrics have certainly lifted my spirits. Yesterday, she donned her doctor gear to check up on me, and after diagnosing my woes, wrote me a prescription. If laughter is indeed the best medicine, then I’m on the fast track back to health.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Olivia was able to help you dis your disease with ease. And that you're now less sick than a sick Chris. I guess a daddy's daughter's laughter (or a laughing Livvy) can make a flu fly away.