A BOLD FRESH PIECE OF INANITY »

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Child's Play

I was warned in advance that the multi-level Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is so expansive that a one-day visit couldn’t do it justice. I’m sure that’s the case for most people, but most people aren’t satisfied with an hour’s tour of the Louvre or a 45-minute jaunt through the Prado. (For the record, I was up against the clock in both instances; it’s the time or two that my adult ADD was put to good use.) Well, Olivia and I took on the challenge of tackling the entire museum in the course of one visit. Now we may have given the dollhouse and the glass sculpture and some other exhibits short shrift, but all in all, I think we took a thorough and evenly paced approach to everything else.

To proof:
  • Dinosaur dig


  • Dinosaur – big! (Olivia's touching a T Rex's actual leg bone, which tips the scales at 300 lbs.)


  • "Flight" to Egypt (her favorite activity – we rode twice)


  • Work the casbah



  • Giant kaleidoscope

No comments: