A BOLD FRESH PIECE OF INANITY »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

So You Think You Can (Watch Four Hours of) Dance?

Olivia takes dance classes from a woman who owns what must be the world’s busiest dance studio: the recital featured hundreds of her dancers in what seemed like hundreds of routines that took – I kid you not – nearly four hours to complete. It’s not that I’m complaining – I’m just trying to provide some context for how well regarded she is within our community. While I'll concede that my eye is untrained in the world of dance, it's clear that the quality of the performances bolsters her sterling reputation.

Olivia was involved in three separate dance routines – ballet, jazz, and tap – and in each one, she flashed a stage smile that lit up the entire auditorium. And nearly a year to the date, she was joined offstage afterward by her friend A.J., who was there once again in support and with flowers.

No comments: