A BOLD FRESH PIECE OF INANITY »

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Pocky Around

What better way to encourage our poky little daughter to attend to her chores list than the possible prize of Pocky (pronounced poh-kee) Sticks – giant ones, at that? And where does one purchase said jumbo choco-sticks? At a giant Pocky store, of course! Like the one discovered a couple years back on Vancouver’s Robson Street (last picture of this post).

Most recently, as in this past weekend, I also spotted these confectionary titans in L.A.’s Little Tokyo, where I spent some time with my friend Jim reminiscing over and sampling the candies of my childhood. And most surprisingly, I found the box that Olivia is holding at a small local Asian grocery store, thereby vaulting the business into the top five of my Best Things About This Community list.

No comments: