A BOLD FRESH PIECE OF INANITY »

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Playing Her Cards Right

A collector is someone who collects things as a hobby. A hoarder is someone whose obsessive collecting goes beyond what can be considered a hobby. Olivia is someone in between.

Her collecting means a couple things: her room’s closet doors are impossible to shut, and she gets mad when she finds her drawings and writings in the recycle bin. There are, of course, upshots to her gathering ways. The main one that we notice is that her stuff gives her an outlet for her creative mind. Want to play post office? No problem – let me create the mailboxes and packages from the stack of empty boxes sitting in the art-scrap section of my closet. Can’t find Uno? Easy solution – let me put together my own version using cut-up paper and business cards I’d gathered from places I’d frequented with my family.

No comments: